Ozark Modern Dentistry can help transform the health of your whole family’s mouth with our wide range of dental services. No matter the issue, there’s a solution at Ozark Modern Dentistry.
As a kid friendly dental office, we take pride in creating comfortable, gentle, and positive dental experiences for your kids. It is normal for you, as a parent, to be nervous about your child’s first dental visit, so we make sure their first visit is a positive one, a “Happy Visit.”
At their first dental appointment, we assess their comfort level, allowing them to become oriented with our team and dental clinic. We have wall and ceiling mounted TVs with family friendly entertainment options to help make your child more comfortable during their visit. Once their visit is over, we have a prize dispenser to reward them for their good work.
Composite fillings, also known as white or tooth-colored fillings, are dental restorations designed to replace the decayed or chipped portion of your tooth giving your tooth a more natural appearance than amalgam, “silver,” fillings.
- Natural Appearance
- Minimally invasive and Bonds to Tooth
- Highly Successful replacing tooth structure in Small Cavities
Dental crowns are custom fabricated full coverage restorations used to restore damaged teeth that are too damaged to be corrected with a traditional filling. Dental crowns are caps that fit over teeth to restore their shape, size, and strength, or to improve their appearance. They’re most often used for teeth that are broken, worn, or partially destroyed by tooth decay. Crowns are non-removable and must be cemented in place.
Getting a Crown usually takes 2 separate dental appointments.
The first appointment involves cleaning and preparing the tooth for the crown, impressions to send to the dental lab to custom make your crown, and place a temporary crown on tooth. During your second visit, we will try on custom crown and evaluate fit, bite and esthetics. We will cement crown on if crown passes its evaluation by you and Dr. Knox.
Dental crowns are recommended when:
- A tooth has a crack that passes through the enamel layer
- A tooth has inadequate amounts of tooth structure from a broken tooth, large filling, or large cavity
- A tooth has a root canal
- A tooth already has a failing crown
- You want to change the color of your smile and shape of your teeth
Bridges are a similar process to getting a crown with the additional benefit of being able to replace missing teeth. A bridge “bridges” two anchoring teeth together with a replacement tooth.
Getting a Bridge usually takes 2 separate dental appointments.
The first appointment involves cleaning and preparing the teeth for the bridge, impressions to send to the dental lab to custom make your bridge, and place a temporary bridge on tooth. During your second visit, we will try on custom bridge and evaluate fit, bite and esthetics. We will cement crown on if bridge passes its evaluation by you and Dr. Knox.
Dental Bridges are recommended when:
- You want to replace a missing tooth
- You need more chewing surfaces
- You do not want a removeable Partial Denture
- You are not a candidate for Dental Implants
Root canals are needed to save the tooth when the tooth has become infected or decayed. Our number one priority during Root Canal treatment is your comfort. The tooth is gently and thoroughly numbed with a local anesthetic. The damaged tooth structure is carefully removed so that inner tooth is accessible. All traces of contamination within the root canal are removed. After the root canal is cleansed and sanitized, a sealant material is applied into the root canal, preventing further damage. A restoration is placed over the treated tooth, and the surrounding bone and tooth will begin to heal.
Common Symptoms for patients needing a Root Canal:
- Hot Temperature causing Lingering Pain
- Cold Temperature causing Lingering Pain
- Biting Pain
- Severe Spontaneous Pain – throbbing or aching
- Pain that keeps you up at night
Dental Cleanings and Exams
Everyone needs a little help with their dental care now and again. We offer a judgment free environment to evaluate and make a plan for your dental needs.
Bacteria in the form on plaque and calculus on your teeth and gums can cause a progression of problems like tooth decay, bad breath, gum disease, bone loss, and eventually, tooth loss. Your individualized exam and treatment plan will include low radiation digital x-rays, photos, education, an oral cancer exam, and we will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan for your specific needs.
What we provide to our patients:
- Gums, Teeth, and Bone Evaluation to check for active or past gum disease, cavities, abnormalities, and infections.
- Professional Teeth Cleaning individualized to your specific needs
- Oral Cancer Exam
- Sealants placed in the grooves of your teeth to prevent cavities.
- Routine Exams and Treatment Plans
- Digital X-Rays
- Intraoral Photos. We take photos, so you can see what we are seeing.
- Oral Hygiene Instructions, including reviewing brushing and flossing (you know what that stringy stuff is, right? )
If you are missing a tooth, it’s time to discuss dental implants. Dental implants are becoming an increasingly popular method of replacing missing teeth. This is due in part to high success rates and maintenance similar to individual natural teeth.
A dental implant is a small titanium “screw” placed in bone to replace the root of your missing tooth. Titanium is a biologically compatible material that has been used in medicine for decades. Once the implant is placed, the implant must heal in the bone until it is strong enough to support an individual crown or a bridge/denture (with multiple implants).
Schedule a consultation to determine if you’re a candidate for implants. We will evaluate your health, gums, bone, surrounding teeth, and oral hygiene.
Dentures and Partial Dentures
Dentures and Partial Dentures are removable prosthetic appliances used to replace teeth in a cost-effective manner. We are here to discuss your tooth replacement options and the types of dentures and partials.
Types of Dentures and Partials:
- Traditional Complete Denture: This method replaces all teeth in one or both arches, relying on “suction” to hold the denture in place.
- Cast Metal Partial Denture: This removable technique replaces multiple teeth with one appliance and one cost, relying on healthy teeth as anchors to secure its position.
- Acrylic Partial Denture: This is a temporary appliance used for esthetics. Commonly known as a “Flipper.”
- Implant Supported Denture: This denture uses implants to anchor its position. It “snaps” into place over the implants securing a more sturdy fit than traditional dentures.
Symptoms of TMJ disorder include tenderness near the ear, tight feeling and pain in jaw, soreness in teeth, headaches, and soreness in neck. Some of these symptoms are caused by continued clenching and grinding of your teeth. Most patients do not know they clench or grind their teeth because they’re doing it while they’re sleeping at night. Treatments for TMJ disorders include, professional nightguards and Botox injections.
You will benefit with a Custom Nightguard and/or Botox if you:
- Wake up with a “tight” feeling, pain or soreness in jaw muscles
- Have small cracks in teeth
- Have needed multiple crowns on teeth due to cracks or fractures
- Have notches at gumline of teeth
- Get headaches and sore neck regularly
Botox is used:
- To compliment a nightguard in patients who severely clench/grind
- For patients who don’t like to wear a nightguard (Has your nightguard found a new home in your bedside drawer?)
- For patient who get severe pain in clenching/grinding muscles
- For patients with severe headaches/migraines due to clenching/grinding
As your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Knox delivers beautifully tailored solutions designed to fit you and improve your smile.
Cosmetic Smile Makeover – Porcelain Crowns and Veneers. Don’t settle for a smile that doesn’t make you feel confident. If you want to change the shape and color of your smile, this might be the solution for you. Dr. Knox will help you achieve the smile of your dreams.
Invisalign and Clear Aligners to straighten your teeth. Virtually invisible and removable, Clear Aligners will help you achieve a beautiful straight smile without the complications of traditional braces.
KOR Professional Teeth Whitening. KOR Whitening is the most effective tooth whitening system on the market today. This system offers both a Take Home and In-Office Whitening system to brighten your smile.
Composite Bonding. Composite Bonding repairs chipped front teeth, closes spacing between front teeth, and covers discolored areas of front teeth.
Invisalign and Clear Aligners
Virtually invisible and removable, Clear Aligners will help you achieve a beautiful straight smile without the complications of traditional braces.
- Invisalign and other orthodontic Clear Aligners are a series of clear trays used to move teeth into proper alignment. The trays are virtually invisible, removable, and are more comfortable than traditional braces.
- Each set of aligners are worn approximately 2 weeks each. Every 2 weeks, the patient will change into a new set of aligners to gradually straighten their teeth. Check-ups are required every 4-6 weeks to evaluate the movement of the teeth to make sure they’re tracking accurately.
Life is filled with so many surprises! There are times when emergencies happen and some dental issues can’t wait. We offer prompt and reliable dental emergency services to calm your worries and discuss solutions for your symptoms.
What is a Dental Emergency?
If you are experiencing the following, you likely have a dental emergency:
- You have a painful cracked or broken tooth
- Your tooth that has been knocked out
- You are experiencing severe bleeding
- You are experiencing severe dental pain
If you or your loved one is experiencing a dental emergency, call Ozark Modern Dentistry for immediate care.